|Guyer to run for State Representative
My name is Lynn Guyer and I am running for Idaho State Representative in District 7 Seat A. I was born and raised in Idaho and believe in our conservative values that we need to continue to defend. My wife Susan and I have been in Cottonwood since June of 2003. Susan was actually raised here graduating from Prairie High School. While growing up I had many jobs which gave me a strong work ethic. I first started mowing yards at age 8 and ending when I was 15 where I had over twenty yards I cared for. During the summers in high school and college I worked for local ranchers and farmers. This gave me a deep appreciation of the work that these individuals do from sun up to sun down and more. Below is my platform:
● I am pro second amendment and a NRA member
● I am pro-life
● I support all first re-responders.
● I believe Idaho needs to protect its' public grounds to allow for hunting, fishing and recreation, from out of state investors such as the Wilks Brothers. They have a history of restricting access to Idahoans and the lands we love after decades of being able to use these lands. This is wrong
● We need Boise to remember that it is important to invest in rural communities. This includes broadband, education, roads and bridges.
● Accurate history needs to be taught in our classrooms. Tearing down monuments and changing our history means we could possibly repeat it.
● I believe in accountability in the State budget. State agencies need to be accountable for their spending.
● We need to address mental health and substance abuse issues in Idaho. Investing in our health workforce is beneficial to our public health and the economy in terms of economic output.