County Shootout set for Friday
The annual Idaho County Shootout between the Prairie and Grangeville basketball teams is set for this Friday, Dec. 13 at Cottonwood.
The purpose of this event is to promote “sportsmanship” and build community spirit between the two schools. All the money that is made from this event will be donated to the local food banks in each of the respected communities. The winner of the Idaho County Shootout will be given a trophy for the school who demonstrates the best sportsmanship during the week leading up to the game, and the game itself on Friday. This is a yearly event with a traveling trophy going to the school that shows the best sportsmanship on and off the court.
There will be a variety of events that the schools will be participating in during the week.
1) Spirit basketballs will be sold to see which school can sell the most spirit basketballs. These will be available at each local school for $1.00, and your name will appear on the basketball and will be hung in the gym on the night of the shootout. If you would like to purchase a spirit basketball please contact your local school to help out.
Prairie High School: 962-3901
Grangeville High School: 983-0580
2) Color the gym in you school colors- Each school will be given half the gym to decorate in their school colors. Regular admission prices will be charged. However, for each fan that wears school colors a tally sheet will be kept, and a dollar of their admission will be donated to the local food bank. Students from both high schools will be charged a $1.00 as long as they have their activity card, and that dollar will be donated to the food bank also.
Prairie fans wear- Red/Black
Grangeville fans wear- Blue/White
3) There will be a cheer-off competition during halftime of the girl’s varsity game.
4) Inland Cellular- will be sponsoring a “Cash-Grab” that will be held between the games for a student rep from each school having a chance to grab as much cash for their local food bank.
5) Both schools will be holding a pep-rally on Friday before the game.
Please come out and support your local schools on Friday December 13th as both of these schools work to help feed the hungry in their respective communities.