Idaho County Rural Solid Waste System Users,
The cost and volume of SOLID WASTE keeps going up. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!
Recognizing this problem, the Idaho County Commissioners appointed 10 volunteer members to a Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC), and they began meeting in January, 2008.
What the County needs to do to keep the cost of solid waste down is:
1) Control dumpster abuse;
2) Arrive at a fair pricing formula;
3) Provide reasonable solid waste services at affordable prices;
4) Protect land and streams from garbage drift; and
5) Increase reuse and recycling.
In an effort to accomplish this goal areas serviced by SIMMONS SANITATION, dumpster sites will be consolidated to the following locations:
1) The bottom of Tommy Ta Ha Road near Kamiah (Dabco Shop area--pending)
2) Between Stites and Kooskia (Idaho County Road Department land)
3) At the bottom of Clear Creek Road (Leitch Creek existing dumpster)
4) Harpster Bridge (existing dumpster location)
5) Big Butte on Highway 162 (existing dumpster location)
6) Lochsa River and Selway River (beside Hwy 12 below Lowell--pending)
The target date to begin the construction for these changes is Summer 2008. The sites listed above will be fenced, security cameras installed, and narrow walk through gates. Yard waste and bulky items will be collected in roll off containers brought to these locations on a regular schedule, which will be posted. Signs with additional information will be posted at each dumpster site.
The Solid Waste Advisory Committee is working with Walco, planning future changes within its service areas.
For more information go to www.idahocounty.org and click on Solid Waste.
Randy Doman , Comm.
Jim Rehder, Comm.
R. Skipper Brandt, Comm.