team holds testing day
The football team is kicking things off early this year! On July 12th, the PHS Football squad held a team testing day. The team testing day, or combine, involved timing each athlete's speed, agility, strength, and explosiveness. There was a great turn out, and all of the guys who came performed well. Awards were given at the end of the combine for the top performers in each category.
The awards are as follows:
1. The "Strongman Award" for most reps on the Bench Press with 185 lbs. (Isaiah Shears) and 155 lbs. (Dakota Wilson)
2. The "Fastest Pirate Award" for the best 40 yd. dash time (Isaiah Shears)
3. The "Shuttle Master Award" for the best Shuttle time (Lucas Arnzen)
4. The "Agility Award" for the best 3-Cone drill time (Lucas Arnzen)
5. The "Fastest Big Man Award" for the Lineman with the best 40 yd. dash (Westin Crenshaw)
6. The "Rookie Award" for the best overall Underclassman (Brandon Anderson)
7. The "Bullfrog Award" for the best Broad Jump (Casey Danly)
8. The "Captain Award" for the best overall Upperclassman (Dakota Wilson)
Attached to this email is a picture of the top performers of the combine, each of whom were awarded with a sports drink and bragging rights. From left to right: Brandon Anderson, Casey Dannely, Dakota Wilson, Westin Crenshaw, Isaiah Shears , and Lucas Arnzen.
The team is holding training sessions at the PHS weight room on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7 pm to 9 pm. Each athlete who will play or is interested in playing football this fall should come to these sessions to help prep for the season. Parents: please encourage your athlete to attend. Skill nights will also be held each week and will be announced via the PHS Pirate Football page on Facebook.
Skills winners at the Prairie Football team testing day are shown. From left are Brandon Anderson, Rookie Award; Casey Danly, Bullfrog Award; Dakota Wilson, Strongman Award and Captain Award; Weston Crenshaw, Fastest Big Man Award; Isaiah Shears, Strongman Award and Fastest Pirate Award and Lucas Arnzen, Shuttle Master Award and Agility Award. Photo provided by Kyler Shumway.